City of Thompson
Thompson acts as the central trade and service mecca for the Northern Manitoba region.
Seclusion coupled with boundless surrounding wilderness creates a unique outdoor experience for locals and visitors alike in Thompson. To the south is Paint Lake Provincial Recreational Park which envelopes Manitoba’s largest marina.
To the north, the town of Churchill is most famous for the many polar bears that move toward the shore from inland in the autumn and for beluga which move into the warmer waters of the Churchill River.
Even further south are the majestic Pisew Falls, Manitoba’s highest waterfall accessible by road. Mystery Mountain Winter Park hosts the town’s downhill skiing, snowboarding, and cross country skiing facilities. Snowmobiling is another popular activity around the city, boasting more than 200 groomed trails.
- Heritage North Museum – Discover Thompson’s History!
- Pisew Falls – The second largest falls in Manitoba.
- Spirit Way – An award-winning pathway and biking route highlighting 16 unique points of interest.
- Mystery Mountain Winter Park – Offers fun and adventure for a variety of experience levels.
- Paint Lake – Offers you a beautiful view of the grand northern landscape.
- Wolf Mural – Largest Photo-Real Mural in Canada.